Saturday, May 21, 2011

Origins of my name : ZeronXepher

I got a question on my Zeronos demo and a viewer was thinking that my name, Zeron, came from Zeronos. This isn't exactly true and so today I'll be talking about the origins of where Zeron Xepher came from.

When I was a lot younger, I was always fascinated with the letters "Z" and "X" because they are two letters in the alphabet that are rarely used or many words do not contain them. I came up with this thing called ZX3X which I did not have a meaning for it, I just made it up and sounded unique to me. This soon evolved to just ZX which was then used in several screen names of my such as zxghost.

It was around the time my third ex left me that I came up with the name Zeron Xepher (around the time of my senior year of high school). I wanted to make a name using the characters using "Z" and "X" but found it hard because not many words use those characters. The name "Zero" was very popular name but I did not want to use it because it was over used on the internet. I did base my name after Zero and added an "N" which gives birth to the name, Zeron (I pronounce the "ZE" like the Japanese character, which is why I say it differently than how people would normally say it.)

The Xepher part of my name came from a very popular song from Bemani or Beatmania IIDX titled "Xepher." I grew to love the word "Zephyr" and wanted the "Z" part of my name to be that but after I came up with "Zeron," I found Xepher to be a very suiting combo.

All of this took place before I got into tokusatsu and how my "Zeron" name sound similar to "Zeronos" is just coincidence. My fascination of two characters grew to what is now my online name. Also, the logo on the top left of my video and intro animation has three dashes. Those three dashes originated from ZX3X when I was a child. I thought adding it would bring uniqueness and special meaning to me.

Thank you for reading =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment